Magruder Hospital’s Sleep Medicine Center is under the medical direction of Dr. David Morris, who is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Sleep Medicine and has over 15 years of experience in the field.
As a comprehensive Sleep Medicine Center, patients at Magruder can be evaluated for thefollowing conditions:
- Insomnia – fragmented or disrupted sleep
- Sleep Apnea – symptoms may include heavy snoring, excessive daytime sleepiness, high blood pressure, rapid weight gain,
morning headaches, personality change, signs of heart failure
- Narcolepsy – sudden involuntary sleep attacks during the day
- Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep and Restless Leg Syndrome – multiple arousals during the night, crawling or restless sensation in the legs when first retiring for the night and excessive daytime sleepiness
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome – when the internal biological clock keeps you awake later at night and makes getting up in the morning difficult
Patients whose sleep disorders may impact other medical problems are co-managed to ensure that all of the patient’s medical conditions are taken into consideration in the treatment. All sleep studies are customized to meet the needs of each patient and their specific condition.
The evaluation may include monitoring a number of systems during sleep such as EEG, EKG, respiration, EMG, eye and leg movements. Sleep studies are conducted during the night or day, depending on the needs of the patient. Magruder provides a private, comfortable bedroom-like setting.
People experiencing sleep problems can be referred by their physician or can call directly to schedule a consultation in the center. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 419-732-4037.