Wellness Event at Magruder Hospital
Magruder is planning a wellness event to be held in front of the hospital on Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 3:00 to 7:00pm. This event will include resources and screenings related to some of the issues identified in the 2020 Community Health Needs Assessment. This is open to the public and COVID safety precautions will be observed (masking and social distancing).
- Area mental health agencies will be on hand to share support services and tips on how to manage mental health concerns.
- The Health Department will offer Narcan distribution and information about their immunizations and other clinics.
- The Magruder Nutrition Department will offer a Pre-Diabetes screening and information about their diabetes management programs.
- A Magruder nurse will be available to take blood pressures and share information about Magruder’s new Know Your Numbers initiative.
- The Magruder Therapy Department will be available to help people develop a plan to begin or enhance their level of physical activity.
- One of Magruder’s Pharmacists will be on hand to review medication lists and answer questions.
- Magruder will distribute free take-home colorectal health screening kits.
- And thanks to the generosity of the Ottawa County Community Foundation, we will offer attendees a gift certificate (while supplies last) for fruits and veggies at some of our local farmers markets.
For more information, call 419-732-4061 or email email@example.com.