Magruder Hospital’s cancer and hematology services offer specialty treatment for patients with malignant and non-malignant blood disorders and cancer.
Hematology provides inpatient and outpatient clinical services, diagnostic services, innovative treatments, and comprehensive care for patients delivered by a team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists (off-site), oncology nurses, social workers, patient navigator, and dietitians.
- Anemia (aplastic anemia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, hemolytic anemia)
- Benign monoclonal gammopathy
- Bleeding disorders
- Blood clots (anticoagulation management, thrombotic disorders)
- Bone marrow failure syndromes
- Coagulation disorders
- Cold agglutinin disorders
- Chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Easy bruising
- Essential thrombocytosis
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- Iron metabolism disorders
- Multiple myeloma/plasma cell neoplasm
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobin
- Plasma cells and antibody production disorders
- Platelet disorders (thrombocytopenia, thrombocytosis)
- Polycythemia Vera
- Red blood cell disorders
- Sickle cell anemia
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- White blood cell disorders
Your team of specialists provides a depth of knowledge, experience, and understanding that will guide you to the most effective treatment for your unique situation. By combining human skill and compassion with the latest technologies, we offer you the best possible treatment, with the least amount of disruption to your daily life, in a location that is close to your home.
- Biological Therapy
- Endocrine Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Anticoagulation Therapy
At Magruder Hospital, our board certified medical oncologist/hematologists are experts in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of blood disorders and hematologic malignancies such as leukemia and lymphoma. Our medical oncologist/hematologists work closely with the multidisciplinary team to determine an individualized care plan and to coordinate the patient’s care.
For more information about hematology services at Magruder, contact the Oncology Department at 419-732-4028.