The Wound Healing Center at Magruder offers an evidence-based, systematic approach to advanced wound care to help people dealing with:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Wounds that haven’t healed
- Wounds that haven’t improved with traditional methods of treatment
Once you meet with the team at the Wound Healing Center for a consultation, the staff will work with you and your referring physician to come up with goals and a treatment plan that may include:
- Debridement is the process of removing dead tissue from wounds which is necessary to allow new cells to grow in and aid in the healing process.
- Compression therapy and edema management are used to reduce swelling to positively impact the blood flow to lower legs, ankles and feet.
- Advanced tissue growing therapies are utilized to help new skin cells develop by delivering living tissues directly to the wound.
- Specialized wound dressings to help cleanse and promote good healing tissues within the wound bed.
- Non-invasive vascular assessments to ensure adequate blood flow to the affected areas to help to promote the healing of wounds.
A treatment plan is developed and scheduled based on the patient’s needs. Once treatment is complete, the patient will return to their primary physician to continue routine care.
Every wound has its unique set of circumstances. Our Wound Healing Center is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most treatments covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs, and other private insurance plans.
The Center is open five days a week and located at 611 Fulton Street, Suite E., in the medical office building on Magruder’s campus. Call the Wound Healing Center at 419-301-4380 or ask your doctor for a referral and let us show you how to reclaim your life.