- Submit your health insurance claim(s) on your behalf.
- Generate a monthly statement reflecting the most current balance due from you or your health insurance plan.
- Serve as a liaison with your insurance carrier for claim resolution.
- Provide assistance with billing questions or concerns.
- Explore all financial assistance programs that are available.
- Attempt to assist all those in financial need as part of Magruder's charitable mission.
- Patients with balances resulting from limited or no insurance coverage may qualify for financial assistance. These programs are designed to help patients and families who are either financially or medically extended.
Our patients will...
- Present valid identification, i.e. driver's license or state identification card.
- Help us to maintain accurate personal information.
- Provide all health insurance information current at time of service.
- Respond promptly to any requests from your insurance company.
- Please make timely payments on your co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, and non-covered service(s) or let us know if you anticipate problems by contacting the financial counselors at 419-732-4004.
- Financial Counselors serve many purposes, including acting as a liaison between hospital departments and the patient to answer non-medical questions. The financial counselors handle concerns, serve as a central unit for patients to ask direct questions, to discuss financial programs, and to resolve problems.
- A financially extended patient is an individual or family that does not have the resources to fulfill their financial obligations.
- A medically extended patient is an individual or family that has the resources to fulfill their financial obligations, but due to a catastrophic or extenuating circumstance, their current income has altered or hindered their ability to pay.
Our financial counselors will assist you through the application process with the following assistance programs:
HCAP Hospital Care Assurance Program
With this program, Magruder Hospital will provide, without charge, certain basic medically necessary hospital level services for those who qualify.
- Resident of the State of Ohio
- Not eligible for Medicaid at time of service
- Have family income at or below the federal poverty income guidelines
- All medically necessary inpatient and outpatient services covered under the Medicaid program
Non-covered services include:
- Professional fees
- Non-medically necessary hospital level services
- Patient convenience items
To apply for this program:
- Complete HCAP application form.
- Provide proof of household income for 3 months and/or one year period prior to date of service.
- Submit pay stubs, a letter from your employer or a notarized declaration of income.
Family size as defined in this program includes self, spouse, and children (natural or adopted) under age 18. If the patient is a child and the natural or adoptive parents do not reside in the home, both incomes are required.
Medicaid / Healthy Start/Healthy Families
Our financial counselors can help direct you to resources for Medicaid coverage, Healthy Start and Healthy Families.
Healthy Start eligibility covers:
- Children up to age 19 in families with incomes at or below 206% of the federal poverty income guidelines
- Pregnant women with incomes at or below 200% of the federal poverty income guidelines and coverage continues up to 60 days after delivery.
- Babies born to a mother on Healthy Start for one full year.
Healthy Family covers:
- Parents or legal guardians and their children up to 19 in families with incomes at or below 206% of the federal poverty income guidelines.
- Application for Healthy Start/Healthy Families must be made to the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. The Ottawa County Office of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services can be reached at 1-800-665-1677. The Ohio Medicaid Hotline number is 1-800-342-8680.
Magruder Financial Assistance
Magruder Hospital is committed to assuring access to healthcare to all persons regardless of their ability to pay. Financial assistance may be available to you if your family income is too high to qualify for HCAP or Medicaid.
Our financial counselors can help you determine if you qualify for Magruder Hospitals financial assistance program. For assistance please call our financial counselors at 419-732-4004.
A payment plan is an equal monthly installment negotiated for a predetermined amount of time to pay your outstanding balance.