NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION AND ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Discrimination is Against the Law.
Magruder Hospital and affiliates comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Magruder Hospital and affiliates does not exclude people or discriminate because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Magruder Hospital and affiliates
Provide, or coordinate the provision of, free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
o Qualified sign language interpreters
o Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Provides, or coordinates the provision of, free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
o Qualified interpreters
o Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator of Magruder Hospital and affiliates.
Compliance Officer/Director of Performance Improvement/Risk Management
615 Fulton St. Port Clinton, Ohio
Direct telephone: 419-732-4016; FAX 419-734-4101
Magruder Hospital has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18116) and its implementing regulations at 45 CFR part 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for Magruder Hospital to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
- Grievances must be submitted to the Compliance Officer within (60 days) of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it. The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Compliance Officer (or her/his designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Compliance Officer will maintain the files and records of Magruder Hospital relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Compliance Officer will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
- The Compliance Officer will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
- The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the by writing Magruder Hospital’s President and CEO within 15 days of receiving the Compliance Officer’s decision. The President and CEO shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
- The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
by mail at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F
Washington, DC 20201
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.
Effective Date of this Notice: 04/1/2019
Please find a pdf of our Notice of Privacy for your convenience.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT SECTION 1557: LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE
ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1- 419-734-3131
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1- 419-734-3131
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-419-734- 3131
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l'italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 1-419-734-3131
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-419-734-
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-419-734-3131
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-419-734-3131
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 1- 3131-734-419 (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم
UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1-419-734-3131
OBAVJEŠTENJE: Ako govorite srpsko-hrvatski, usluge jezičke pomoći dostupne su vam besplatno. Nazovite 1-419-734-3131
ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Αν μιλάτε ελληνικά, στη διάθεσή σας βρίσκονται υπηρεσίες γλωσσικής υποστήριξης, οι οποίες παρέχονται δωρεάν. Καλέστε 1-419-734-3131
Wann du [Deitsch (Pennsylvania German / Dutch)] schwetzscht, kannscht du mitaus Koschte ebber gricke, ass dihr helft mit die englisch Schprooch. Ruf selli Nummer uff: Call 1-419-734-3131
Magruder Krankenhaus bietet Assistance-Leistungen kostenlos. Wenn Sie diese benötigen Dienstleistungen Kontakt: 1-419-734-3131